Last Updated: December 2022
1. Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you when you register for an account, subscribe to our services, make a purchase, or interact with our website. The personal information we collect may include:
- Identifying information such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Account information such as your username, password, and account preferences.Billing information such as your credit card or PayPal information.
- Information you provide when you communicate with us, request customer support, or provide feedback.
- Information related to your genealogical research, such as family names, dates, and locations.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our services, including processing transactions, delivering research reports, and tailoring our offerings to your preferences.
- To communicate with you about our services, including responding to your inquiries and providing updates and notifications.
- To maintain the security and integrity of our website, services, and user accounts.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, such as sending newsletters or promotional materials, with your consent.
3. Sharing Your Information
We do not sell or share your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent. We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers and partners that help us operate, maintain, and improve our services.
- Legal authorities when required by law or in response to a valid legal request.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, to the relevant parties involved.
4. Data Retention
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law. We will securely delete or anonymize your information when it is no longer needed.
5. Children's Privacy (COPPA Compliance)
Our services are not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete that information as soon as possible.
6. Your Rights and Choices
Under the GDPR, CCPA, and CalOPPA, you have certain rights and choices regarding your personal information, including:
- Access: You can request access to your personal information that we hold.
- Rectification: You can correct or update your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Erasure: You can request that we delete your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Restriction: You can request that we restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Data portability: You can request a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Object: You can object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
To exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
8. "Do Not Track" Signals (CalOPPA Compliance)
We honor "Do Not Track" signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. For more information about DNT, please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
ANCESTOR CLOUD INC.
560 S 100 W SUITE 21
PROVO, UT 84601