Genealogists.com attended it's thirdRootsTech Conference last week. Three of our staff members had a fantastic time visiting with guests and spreading the world about the world's largest family history research firm. We also learned a great deal:
- Some members of our staff are rather camera shy
- The Salt Palace is ginormous! It is probably bigger than many small towns and is the second largest convention center in the U.S.
- "Tons" of people of all ages and technological skills attended the conference
- Interest in family history has never been greater as attested by the over 21,000 people in attendance at this show
- Interest in family history is still growing and shows no signs of stopping, with participants from every state in the U.S. (except for West Virginia) and 9 international countries
- One of the most prevalent themes of the conference was the importance of capturing and sharing personal stories and histories with others
- Another increasingly important theme is the value of combining historical perspective with DNA testing/analysis with on-the-ground research in the numerous archives throughout the world
- We thoroughly enjoyed speaking with those who stopped by our booth and helping people break down their "brick walls" through our unique network of over 1,000 professional genealogists, historians, DNA experts, university professors, scholars, and archivists working around the globe
We look forward to attending many more conferences this year and returning to Salt Lake for RootsTech 2016.
by Amanda Epperson © 2015, Genealogists.com, All rights reserved
click to go to our respective social media site
Be sure to subscribe to the Genealogists.com blog above to automatically receive our next article.